The timings below are subject to change during the COVID restrictions. Year groups have specific start and finish times to allow a staggered start and end to the day. Please contact the school office for further information.
School opening hours:-
Doors open at 8.40am
Doors close at 8.50am
12.15pm - 1.15pm
School finishes at 3.15pm.
To show how important we think good attendance is, we congratulate our children by presenting a half termly certificate for 100% attendance. A weekly class sticker is awarded and each half term the class with the best attendance, in KS1 and KS2 receives a reward.
You can help us by:
- telephoning school before 9.30am to let us know the reason for your child's absence;
- only taking your child out of school for the minimum amount of time for a medical appointment - please bring them back to school after the appointment together with proof of the medical appointment if possible;
- only allowing your child to be absent from school due to exceptional circumstances.
Please ensure you inform us of any of the above and please refer to our 'Attendance Policy' below.
We believe good attendance and a prompt start to the day are very important in order to make sure that your child gets the education they deserve.
Your child will be expected to enter school at 8.50am as legal registration takes place at 9.00am. Please note if your child arrives after 9.00am they will be marked as late in the register. If your child arrives after the legal registration has closed (i.e. after 9.30am) this will be recorded as an unauthorised absence.
Attendance Below 95%
This is the procedure we follow when your child's attendance falls below 95%:
- Step 1: Parents/Carers made aware of attendance concerns.
Attendance shows no sign of improvement and remains below 95%.
- Step 2: Parents/Carers invited to a meeting at School with the Inclusion Manager.
Attendance continues to be a concern with no significant improvement.
- Step 3: Parents/Carers requested to attend a School Attendance Meeting with the Local Authority Attendance Officer and Inclusion Manager to agree and sign an action plan.
- Step 4: Attendance fails to significantly improve. Legal intervention considered.
Middleton Primary School strongly discourages any term time absences. Holidays should be taken during the school holiday period only and not in school time.
If your child has to attend an appointment in school hours, eg, doctor, dentist or hospital, the school must be informed and a 'Leave of Absence' form must be completed and sent to the School Office.
If your child is absent you must notify the school office by 9.30am on the day of absence.