School uniform, embroidered with the school logo in gold, can be purchased from Chroma Sports, which can take up to 2 weeks for delivery. However, red jumpers or cardigans can be bought from any number of local shops. Brand name sports wear is not acceptable as it creates an ‘us and them’ culture, which is not welcome.
We expect that all children will be dressed in sensible school clothes in school colours. This helps to develop a sense of belonging and pride in Middleton School. School uniform colours are as follows:
- Bright red jumper, fleece or cardigan
- White shirt (long or short sleeved)
- Grey or black trousers, shorts, skirts or pinafores
- White, grey, red or black socks or tights
- Black or other dark coloured shoes (trainers should only be worn for PE)
- Red/white checked or striped dresses for girls in summer
- PE Kit: plain t-shirt and shorts or tracksuit bottoms (not beach wear)- plimsoles or trainers for outdoor PE.
Children will not need trainers or plimsoles indoors, but for health and safety reasons, they will wear them outside, especially during the summer term for sports.
Any unacceptable or outrageous fashion statements (hair, jewellery or clothes) will be referred by the Headteacher for the Governors’ consideration.
Jewellery is not allowed, for safety reasons. If your child has pierced ears, only stud earrings should be worn in school. However, this at parents’ own risk should any injury occur. Watches may be worn, but at your child’s own risk. Valuable items should not be brought into school. Children are not permitted to use mobile phones on the school premises.
School uniform can be purchased online directly from our supplier using the link below.